Fitz & The Tantrums have been extremely busy over the past few years, and are quickly becoming a band you won't be able to forget.
Their song "The Walker" was chosen for this year's Oscar trailer, and they will be appearing at some of the biggest festivals this summer including Bonnaroo, Hangout Festival, and Governor's Ball.
Whether you're already a fan or you're just discovering Fitz & The Tantrums, check out some things you may not know about the band!
1. Their first gig was at Hotel Cafe in Hollywood in 2008 - which band-founder Michael Fitzpatrick booked only a week after their first rehearsal.
2. They opened eight concerts on Maroon 5's "Back to School Tour" in 2009. They were a last minute booking when K'naan had backed out due to fatigue. Adam Levine discovered Fitz & The Tantrums through his favorite tattoo artist in New York, who recommended the band to him!
3. You may have already heard the band's music and didn't even realize it! Their tunes have been featured on TV and in commercials before. Their song "Moneygrabber" was used in a commercial for New Amsterdam Vodka. "News 4 U" was also featured in a "Desparate Housewives" promo.
4. The band's Michael Fitzpatrick tells Yahoo! that his first musical crush was Sinead O'Connor.
5. Before joining Fitz & The Tantrums, Noelle Scaggs has collaborated as a composer/vocalist with artists like The Black Eyed Peas and Damion Marley!
Check out their Oscar trailer with Ellen DeGeneres!
Photo Credit Getty Images