The Natural Resources Defense Council has released their annual beach water quality report and found that many of America’s beaches have some serious water pollution issues.
Bacterial contamination is the biggest – and most disgusting – problem, as it is created by human and animal waste.
That’s right. You could be swimming in sewage.
With that in mind, here's a list of America’s dirtiest beaches:
5. Doheny State Beach in Orange County, California
4. Ontario Beach in Monroe County, New York
3. Beachwood Beach in Ocean County, New Jersey
2. South Shore Beach in Milwaukee County, Milwaukee
1. Poche County Beach in Orange County, California (Fox News)