A family has been displaced following a fire in an attic of their home in Middletown Tuesday morning.
Frederick County Fire and Rescue officials say units were dispatched to 35 East Main Street at around 8:45 AM for smoke coming from an attic. 30 Fire fighters who were sent to the scene began an interior attack after confirming that all residents were out of the house. They spent 30-minutes bringing the flames under control. No one was hurt.
The County Fire Marshal's Office has determined the blaze was the result of an electrical malfunction. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
A rapid intervention dispatch was put on standby in case a fire fighter needed rescue.
Potomac Edison also responded to secure the electricity in the home.
The Red Cross is assisting family members.