Recycle your old refrigerator, freezer or room air conditioner for free and get a rebate of $50. Rebates of $25 for room air conditioners. No new appliance purchase required. Free pick-up at your convenience.
Requirements for Program Participation
1. The refrigerator, freezer or Room AC must be clean, empty, defrosted, and in working condition.
2. Refrigerators and freezers must meet the size requirement which is 10 cu ft - 30 cu ft.
3. You must be a current electric customer of Potomac Edison Maryland.
4. There is a limit of one (1) refrigerator and one (1) freezer and three (3) room air conditioners per customer per year.
5. If you are recycling one side-by-side refrigerator, it will be considered as one appliance for recycling. It will not be counted as two separate units.
6. An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign and release the unit at the time of the pickup.
7. The unit needs to be plugged in and running on the day of the pickup.
8. Recycling appliance must be disconnected from waterlines prior to the pickup crew's arrival.
9. You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team.
They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home
(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
To schedule a pickup, call 1-877-270-3521. Units picked up through the program are transported to an appliance recycling facility operated by JACO Environmental. JACO safely removes harmful mterials from the old energy guzzlers, reclaiming 95% of the materials in the appliances for reuse in manufacturing new products. Even the foam insulation is safely incinerated to generate electricity.